Our international dance scene is a wonderful place to enjoy life and express ourselves through dance. But we can make it better!
We are the most fortunate people on this planet, even though sometimes it might not feel like that, let’s take a moment to show gratitude and to give back a little, to the community, the planet and the African American culture that created this wonderful dance.
Please donate whatever you can. Share the joy!
We work to make Big City Blues a more sustainable event.
How? By rethinking catering, creating a social and sustainability fund, working with refugees, giving some less fortunate locals free entrance to the festival, encouraging better ways of travelling to the festival, facilitating training and talks on African American art forms and generating positive and welcoming atmospheres during the event. Live long and prosper!
Where does the money from the Social & sustainability fund come from?
- The organisation of Big City Blues donates €500 as starting budget for the fund.
- All of us! Every participant of Big City Blues contributes €5 during registration.
- Ticket prices are priced reasonably so more people can join. We know we are a varied crowd, some are capable of giving more than others. So, if you would like to support this project even more, you can choose to increase your contribution during registration.
Where does the money go?
- Support dancers in vulnerable socio-economic situations or living in a country with lower economic rates.
- Support NGOs that fight for our values:
- Treelogical Our easy way of travelling and consuming has a price and it will make us even happier if we take a moment to realise how fortunate we are, and if we balance out what we ‘take from the earth’.
- Collective voices for change: they address the issues of racial inequalities and cultural appropriation in the Jazz dance community in Europe and around the world. They offer a great forum to learn and exchange.
Distribution & processing
A minimum of 25% of the fund will be assigned to the aforesaid NGO’s. We will communicate the final results after the event.